“This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.” – Jeremiah 29:10-14
Life as an entrepreneur can be absolute bliss.
However, a lot of the time it’s exactly the opposite.
Not knowing when you’re going to get paid, close that next sale, or finish the project you’ve worked so hard on. It almost seems like the end will never come.
Many entrepreneurs, and you may be one of them, experience intense anxiety in relation to the future. While the majority of the people in your world know exactly when they’re going to get paid and how much, you may find yourself one month having a feast, and the other having a famine.
Here’s a few things the world tries to do to fix this situation:
- Escape. Whether through the use of alcohol and drugs or another means, the world tries to leave their current consciousness.
- Do More. Anybody who know me, knows I’m all for hard work. However, there’s a balance that must be had and the answer isn’t always to put in more time at the office.
- Appear as if Nothings Wrong. Rather than admit their weakness, the worldly puff their chest and pretend as if nothing was ever wrong.
In light of what the world does, we as Christians (should) respond in a different manner:
- Press into God’s Word. Escaping your current reality will do nothing for you. However seeking the Lord and for wisdom and knowledge in your current situation will.
- Seek Wisdom from Trusted Advisors. Rather than slaving away alone, seek family and friends whom you trust and believe have YOUR best interest in mind. Work hard, but also work smart.
- Humble Yourself. Often times we must be at our weakest for God to show his greatness. If we pretend as if everything is okay, how will our testimony encourage others when God delivers us through the tumultuous times?
The Lord has plans for you! Plans to prosper and not harm you! Plans to give you a hope and a future!
Walk with him and face adversity knowing he is beside you.
Yours in Ambition,